Gain confidence using your serger with sewing instructor Margaret Smith. If you know the basics of serging, you’ll now discover how versatile your machine is! Begin with an overview of serger threading and maintenance. You’ll learn how to create nine different types of basic stitches. We’ll even create a serger stitch book you can reference again and again. For those tricky serger slip-ups, Margaret will show you how to troubleshoot common issues like poor tension, skipped stitches, fabric rippling and more. Now that you’ve refined your serging skills, put them to the test with three fun skill-building projects.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in this online course:
- Learn the ins-and-outs of your serger
- How to thread your serger fearlessly.
- How to use serger stitches such as the flatlock and rolled hem to create beautiful construction details in a fraction of the time of traditional sewing.
- Overcome your serging fears by learning all about your serger.
- Learn to select the most appropriate overlock stitch for any type of fabric, whether a delicate woven or a stretchy knit.
- Gain confidence as you learn simple ways to serge curves, corners, and other tricky techniques with ease.
- Make the most of your serger by applying new construction techniques and specialty stitches to create beautiful looks with a professional finish.
Join the newsletter
Improve every aspect of your sewing with our instructional videos, tips, and projects sent to you every week. Join our newsletter, it's FREE!