Would you like to have perfect hems and turned edges? Then Dritz Ezy-Hem gauge is the measuring tool for you. No more having to pin or measure first. You can use it for hems, pockets, waistbands, facings and more. This really is one of the most used tools in my sewing room.
The Dritz Easy Hem
What Is The Ezy-Hem?
The Dritz EZY-HEM is a measuring tool that is made of lightweight, durable metal that will not warp or rust. It is 8 ¾” long with hem depth measurements up to 4”. The hem markings are heat and moisture resistant and printed on both sides for straight or curved hems. You can use it for a variety of sewing projects.
Use with a steam iron. Always test fabric sample for proper heat and moisture. Protect fabrics that water spot with a Dritz Press Cloth.
Caution: Ezy-Hem may be hot while pressing. Attach a quilter’s ruler handle to the gauge for easy handling.
Press all hems from the fold up. This eliminates ridge marks on the right side of the fabric.
- Turn up fabric along hemline, insert Ezy-Hem Gauge and press.
- Move gauge along the hemline and continue pressing.
- To ease hems, stitch 1/4 inch from the raw edge, using a basting stitch.
- Turn up fabric along hemlines, insert Ezy-Hem® Gauge. Using a pin, pull up stitches every few inches until hem lies flat; press.
What Can It Do Besides Hems?
The Dritz EZY-HEM can be used for more than just hems.
- Marking pockets
- Crease the paper when shortening patterns
Do you use Dritz hem and sewing gauges? Do you have any tips of your own to share? If so, please share them in the comments section.
Join the newsletter
Improve every aspect of your sewing with our instructional videos, tips, and projects sent to you every week. Join our newsletter, it's FREE!