I have spent months working on a complete sewing course. A course that takes a beginner and teaches them what they need to know to begin sewing with confidence and if you are self-taught it will fill in any gaps you may have.
We’re starting right from the beginning, so don’t worry if you’ve never sewn before. And if you’ve been sewing for a while, but without much guidance or without a strong technical focus, I'm sure you’ll notice your skills and your finished projects improve significantly.
We’ll start by taking a quick look at the sewing machine and some of the tools used in sewing. You’ll learn various stitches and seam finishes and, of course, we’ll have lots of time to sew! By the end of the course, you will feel confident enough to begin tackling some of those projects you've been dreaming about!
This course follows the same format that I have used to teach hundreds of people how to sew in my studio, fabric stores and schools for over 15 years so I know it works!
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 20 lectures and 2 hours of video
- Learn sewing machine basics
- Thread Your Sewing Machine
- Make A Bobbin
- Cut out fabric
- Pin Fabric to get it ready to sew
- Sew in a straight line
- Learn a multitude of stitches and seam finishes
- Correctly sew the 4 basic seams
- How to choose fabric and care for it
- How to choose thread
- How to read a sewing pattern
- How to sew a pillowcase
- How to sew a drawstring bag
- How to sew a book bag
- and much more!
- Complete three projects from start to finish
1. A pillowcase with a contrasting band
2. Drawstring bag
4. Lounge pants
Plus much more!
Who is this course for?
- This course is for kids ages 7-14 that want to learn how to sew.
- Kids and Teens that want to improve their current sewing skills