How To Use An Automatic Needle Threader
Having the ability to thread your sewing machine needle automatically is wonderful, when it works. When the feature was added to sewing machines we all rejoiced. No more squinting, clipping the thread repeatably while trying to see that tiny hole. We thought our prayers had been answered only to discover that it didn't always work. That's because we didn't know this little secret.
Needle Threaders Step-by-Step
1. Raise your needle completely. If the needle is not in the highest position it will not work and can even bend the wire that pulls the thread through the eye of the needle.
2. Lower your presser foot if necessary.
3. Press the needle threader lever all the way down.
4. Wrap your thread around the elbow-shaped bracket.
5. Pass the thread into the cage where the thread catch hook is located.
6. Release the lever.
7. Pull the loop through the eye of the needle.
CAUTION: You cannot use the needle threader if you are using decorative threads or special needles, such as the twin needle and wing needle. If you are using those types of threads or needles, thread the eye of the needle by hand.