In this video, I show you how to make a pacifier clip in less than 10 minutes from ribbon, a pacifier clip, and plastic snap set. This pacifier clip is easy to make, safe to use and will prevent lost pacifiers!
The great thing is you can make it from colorful ribbon that matched your child’s clothing and make it any length you want. These clips work great for rattles and teethers too!
I think my favorite part are the colorful clips that I found. These clips have passed certification testing for lead, phthalates and other harmful substances. The clips are nice and strong and since they are plastic you don’t have to worry about running it through the washer and getting rust spots like metal ones do.
- 5/8″ grosgrain ribbon I used some by Babyville
- Plastic Snaps
- Snap Pliers
- Coordinating Thread
- Fabric Fusing Tape like Heat-n-Bond
- 1-inch pacifier clip (I bought a set of 20 from Amazon
- Plastic Snap kit is shown below includes the snap pliers and snaps
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 14″ long. You want it to be double the desired length from where it attaches to the baby to the pacifier.
- Fold the ribbon in half and iron it
- Slide the ribbon onto the pacifier clip, resting it where the fold of the ribbon is
- Cut a piece of the fusible tape the length of the folded piece of ribbon and place in between the folded ribbon.
- Stitch across and down the ribbon, making sure to secure the clip thoroughly.
- Press the ribbon shut with a warm iron following the fusible tape instructions
- Attach the Snap to the other end of the ribbon with the snap pliers.
That’s it, you’re now ready to attach a pacifier, teether to toy to the clip! I hope you enjoyed the video. If you have any questions let me know in the comments section.