If you're looking for an easy project to start learning to use a serger on this is it! Last week we loaded up the Jeep and headed to Socorro, New Mexico. We had an amazing time but I scratched my sunglasses while we were there. Since many of you have been asking about serging projects I thought I'd whip up a case for my new sunglasses on the serger.
- 4 Spools serger thread
- Soft or medium weight fabric: Two pieces – 8.5” length x 8” width
- Fusible Interfacing: One piece – 8.5” x 8”
- Fuse interfacing to one layer of fabric. Set serger up for a 4-thread Overlock stitch.
- Take the two pieces of fabric and place them pretty sides together. Serge the two layers along the top edge (one of the 8” sides).
- Open up the 2 layers and press the seam down flat in between the 2 layers.
- Fold in half, pretty sides together. Serge the long side. Then, serge the lower edge.
- Secure serger tails and press with an iron
Leave a Reply