The edge joining foot is a great tool for creating wide trims and laces by joining one or more trims or lace strips together. The key to using this foot is the guide. The guide, at the center of the foot, allows the trims and laces to be joined together and aligned perfectly. The guide does not get in the way of the stitching and is actually in front of the stitching area.
Edge Joining Foot Uses
This foot can also be used to guide topstitching or stitching in the ditch and is great for various types of appliqué sewing. The edge joining foot can be used as an edge stitch foot if you don't have one however, I think each foot is worth having in your collection if offered on your machine. There are two distinct difference between the two feet.
- The location of the guide
- The area where the needle swings is larger on the edge joining foot giving room for a larger zigzag stitch or even something more decorative.
Note: Be sure to backstitch at the beginning and end of your fabric
How To Install The Edge Joining Foot
1. Snap on the Edge/Joining Foot.
2. Set your machine for the ZigZag stitch.
3. Place two pieces of fabric or trim, one on each side of the guide/flange of the foot.
4. Sew. Keep fabric/trim against the flange/guide to join them.